06 February 2008

To Albany I Go!


I am off to spend two days in Albany. I have to travel there for work about every two months. It is a usually a whirlwind trip full of meetings and dinners with other SUNY collegues. It is usually a good time. I enjoy meeting new people and seeing familiar faces each time. I always learn new things and it gives me boss and I lots to talk about on the way back home to Rochester.

The picture above is of the SUNY System Administration. This building will be where I will spend the next two days with the exception of a small break Thursday night where I will find my usual seat at the hotel bar with Bob the Bartender and my SUNY friends from other campuses!

For whatever reason I am not completely looking forward to the trip this time. I think a lot of it has to do with the weather and time of year. The weather in western New York has been harsh these last few weeks with snow, severe wind, and freezing rain. I fear running into this weather on the road and getting stuck somewhere unfamiliar when I rather be home with my little man and Scott. I know another reason is that my little guy is still getting over being sick and Scott is trying to get through what the little man had. I know they will both be fine without me, but it gives me piece of mind of when I can be there with them.

But like I said...each trip is a whirlwind of activities and I will be home before I know it!

No comments: