06 July 2007

A Fresh Start

I've decided to start my own blog! Why, you ask? I feel like I am starting a new chapter in my life...one that is positive and good and I want to be able to share this. You can see that I named my blog, Life on the Ledger. I am very much a finance oriented and organized person so it only seemed fitting to have my blog reflect this.

Much has changed in the last six months...

In February I started a new job at SUNY Brockport as the Assistant Budget Director. I love my job and the people are wonderful. Brockport has a very nice campus and I am truly happy to be part of such a great community. Don't get me wrong, I certainly have my days where I would rather stay in bed, but coming to work is certainly more rewarding these days. My boss will be retiring within the next five years and I am in line to get his job as Director of Budgeting. This is very exciting to me and it feels good to know that I have something to work towards.


In other big news, My husband and I bought a house in Perinton, a nice little suburb of Rochester. The house is a Cape with three bedrooms, two full baths, tons of closet space, central air, two car garage, and a great yard. Scott and I are very excited! If someone had told me at the beginning of 2007 that we would own a house, I never would have believed them. It seemed like a far off dream that has now become a reality. We have started cleaning and painting, but that is for another post.


Another big part of my life is my son or as I call him my "little man". My little man will be two years old next week on July 10. I can't believe how fast the last two years have gone by. He is a very happy little boy. He is thriving and can't get enough of Sesame Street right now. He is my bright spot and no matter what is going on in my life, he can put everything in perspective and make it all seem ok. Becoming a mother was something that was always hard for me to imagine, but now that I have Brady in my life, I can't imagine my life without him.

No comments: