14 July 2008

3 Going on 30

My little man turned three years old last Thursday! I just can not believe that three years have gone by so fast. It just doesn't seem possible.

We celebrated his birthday 4th of July weekend while we were visiting my husband's family in Saranac Lake. The little man had an absolute ball eating cake and ice cream, opening presents, and the evening was topped off with a great display of fireworks which he thoroughly enjoyed.

Now my little man is very entertaining and extremely humerous. He says the funniest things when you are least expecting it, but at times you swear you aren't talking to a three year old, but a child much older. This past Friday we received a sales booklet from The Children's Place in the mail. He was very into looking at the pictures and pointing out the other children in the book. After he had sat down and looked through the book, very thoroughly I might add, he set the book down, looked right at me, and said this:

Little Man: Mommy, I need new clothes. I would like some new clothes for preschool and I would also like a camera. My own camera so I can take pictures of me with other people and my friends.

Me: So you would like some new clothes AND a camera of your own?

Little Man: Yes!

Me: Well we will see what we can do about that.

Little Man: Thank you, Mommy!


As he walked away, I sat there in wonder and amusement. I had flashbacks of the last three years and took great pride in how this little boy had turned out thus far. Then I realized that he had actually become a little man!

No comments: