13 November 2007

As Time Goes By

I know, I know...much time has passed since my last entry. Where do I begin? Life has been so busy lately. Let's begin with work...My job can be quite demanding, I love it, but it has been hectic lately. I have been bringing work home with my me, staying late, and even working the "fluff" holidays. At the end of September I traveled to Albany for two days of meetings at SUNY Central. In the short time I was there I felt like I was indoctrinated into an "Old Boys" club. I had a lot of information thrown at me and I met a number of SUNY people in a short period of time and it was fun, but there is a loneliness that I have when I am all alone in my hotel room at night. Maybe it's me, but I don't think I am the only one to feel this way being away from home and the family I miss.

The house is coming together. We have a few stray boxes here and there, but most things are put away and organized. My husband has been working really hard on the kitchen. He has been sanding and prepping the walls and wood work so that it can be painted. The previous owner did a lot on her own and it isn't all bad, but we are having to clean up some areas that would have been more advantageous if she had someone with a little more experience do them. I am excited because I have taken on the project of the downstairs bath. I started this weekend by prepping the walls and last night I primed the vanity. We bought the paint for the kitchen and the bathroom this past weekend and we are anxious to see color! We have also been busy "winterizing" the outside of the house which is a lot of work and a challenge when you have a two year old who likes to wander and flirt with the ladies in the neighborhood.

The little man...what can I say? He's growing so fast and is an absolute joy. His vocabulary has exploded and we can have conversations with him now. He is in love with this puppy that we bought for him before he was born. He takes it everywhere, brushes it's fur, and they read books together. It's adorable! He has been taking music classes at the Eastman School of Music on Saturdays. He seems to really enjoy it and it's very entertaining to watch the kids interact with each other and the music. The little man is very active and it adds to the craziness of everything else.

My in-laws came for a visit a few weeks ago and stayed at the house with us. It was really nice to be able to have guests. In the past they would have to stay at a hotel because we didn't have the room, but now we can host them as well as others in our new house. They are coming again for Thanksgiving and I am making Thanksgiving dinner! I am excited. I plan on putting the Christmas tree up that weekend and to start decorating the house both inside and out for the holidays. I am looking forward to seeing our red living room decorated for the holidays!

So the holidays are coming fast and the week after Thanksgiving I leave for another trip to Albany. I think I see a light at the end of tunnel...Brockport shuts down for two weeks at the Christmas...I think I see a long nap in my future!

No comments: