26 November 2007

My Bathroom Project

In an earlier post I mentioned that I was working on the downstairs full bathroom. It's done except for a few details and I thought I would post some before and after pictures of my fine work! I painted the entire bathroom a color called Firecracker and I love it. I also painted the vanity white, it was black before and I painted the medicine cabinet, trim, and door the same white. I hung new fixtures for hand towels and our daily towels and I ripped up the brown carpet that was in the bathroom to expose the while tile with silver flecks and put down white rugs to compliment the rest of the while details and the new bright walls. Let me know what you think!

Please note that the items you see in the before pictures are from the previous owner and she left much of it when she moved out. While country can be nice, too much of it is more than I can handle.

The bathroom before:















The bathroom after:





You can see I still have a few details left to finish. The light fixture you see is still from the previous owner since I haven't decided what style I would like yet. I also have to finish painting the doors to the vanity and installing the new hardware I purchased. I have a picture to frame and hang, but for the most part I am proud of my work and feel more confident to take on future projects.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It really does look pretty darn awesome! I'm so proud of you! :)