21 November 2007

Happy (Early) Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is tomorrow! My in-laws arrived yesterday afternoon and my parents are coming tomorrow. I will be cooking my first full thanksgiving dinner for all of us and I am excited! I printed out my recipes on Monday and made my grocery list. Monday night I was off to the store to do all of the shopping. It was an experience.

I plan on getting up to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with the little man and whoever else would like to join us. I have vivid memories of watching the parade with my grandfather when I was growing up so it means a lot to share that with my son.

My other favorite Thanksgiving treat is the newspaper with all of the Black Friday ads! Last year I went out at 5am to take advantage of some deals. It was the first time I had ever done that before, but I figured everyone had to experience it at least once, right? I am planning on going out again this year if there are some good deals. I like the time to shop by myself even if it is in the wee hours of the morning.

So I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. May you all be blessed with plentiful food, good football games, and long naps!

No comments: